Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stress!!!


This past week has been one of sorts… my lecturers decided to bury the hatchet and have resumed lectures and they have found new ways of venting their frustrations of grievances and guess how? They are piling us with assignments and term papers and notes and references and this and that… and right now I don’t even have a life talk less of having time to blog… God help me cope oh!!!

I just miss the days when I was carefree and didn’t give 2. Now I have so many thots in my head like what I’m going to do when I get out of this hell hole, when I will finally let myself love someone again, if I will ever do that, when next I’m gonna get laid and it had better be soon (just kidding)…

I finally decided to stop using the cyber cafĂ© near my hostel and get me a zoom mobile data card (ah an clap for me now!!!), boy did that turn out to be something else. I got to the zonal office and was told by the smug looking sales girl that the prices had been reviewed so I ended up paying 15000 instead of 5000 as if that wasn’t bad enough the sales girl told me my money was short of 500 (how this happened I will never know but I swear that girls hand moved at the speed of thought!) then their gen chose that day to pack up so imagine trying to configure my laptop with the battery which (quoting riley freeman in one of my favorite cartoons “the boondocks” thank Black Jesus!! ) I managed to charge. Ok now, Mr. Technician install the drivers and all. That’s when my laptop decided to start displaying its talent it refused to install the driver and without it I would be unable to browse, u go fear begging laptop to do well now. Finally it installed and when it was the allotted time I happily tried to connect only for it to show error, contacted the customer care only to be told that I hadn’t been registered on the network and that I should come to their office the next day, I got to the office only for them to tell me that nothing could be done till Monday. As if that wasn’t enough, on my way back some scruffy men who called themselves policemen stopped me and were nearly carting me away to their station cos I was in possession of a computer with internet connection, see me see wahala!! Since when did having a laptop become illegal in this country? Well trust me now as a lagos boy i no fit deh dull myself. I just told the guy point blank that unless he had any evidence that I was doing anything wrong he should let me be or I was going to call my (fictional) uncle who was a major general in the army (trust me now ehn, police for Eko never hold me na these dull Benin policemen go come chop my money. Ori Oda!!!) Anyway the zoom thingy started working only for me to find out that the service over here at Ugbowo (Unibend’s host community) was abysmal. It takes up to 30 mins to open facebook! I later found out that I had to be at an elevated position to get good service so… u go fear browsing on my hostels decking (lol).

Lately I’ve been sorta moody (wish I knew the bloody cause!)And its affecting the way I relate with a lot of people… I’m naturally an introvert and find it difficult to make friends so you can imagine how fast I’m loosing them. Hmm… I’m just TIRED!!!

                                                                P.S

The pix above is a warning to everybody entering Unibend how the school will truly bend you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, funny week i must agree, anyway keep it up

Unknown said...

LOL @ "Unibend". But I'm sure Unilag is worse. First time here. I'll be back - I sure will. Nice blog!

exschoolnerd said...

lol...that ur laptop really mean u...gosh what a shitty time u had all in a bid to get internet acess o!!!.pele jare...no mind them yeye police officers....

so you guys r also being suffocated with term papers,tests and exams like us...its really hellish..but ull be fine...dont worry!

scarletboy said...

@ anonymous - wasnt realy funny when it was happening to me...
@ olu - yeah it realy bends you trust me im a living proof of that
@ xsn - asin im tired oh, help me beg it. at least its comforting to know ur not alone...