Friday, January 23, 2009

Life in Secondary School - The Big crush.


Listening to (“chopped and screwed” by t-pain ft. Ludacris)

As Unibend refused to resume till next month, I findd myself jobless and very idle and my neighbor (the yahoo boy) is also in a rough spot due to the global financial crisis, so his magas ain't paying like that which means he has to cut back on the browsing from 24 hours to like 2-3 hours a day which means less free wireless for me! (Can you imagine) this guy is tempting me to get a zoom data card, 1 more straw ehn...
Now I’ve been keeping myself busy with the new pc and all that but believe me, a new pc can be tiring… you have to update this and that transfer this and that. So I decided to take a break and do something different like… clean my room and remove some excess junk (now I have a bad habit of being too attached to my stuff so even if its bad I just cant bring myself to throwing anything away). So I was going through a box like that where I keep my old documents and I saw my copy of my sets valedictory program and some ‘slum books’ (crude year book) I kept way back then, when I stumbled upon a name that I never thought I would never forget. Now, let’s call her wande (lame I know but that’s the first name that popped into my head) anyway from the first time I saw her I fell in love with her heart shaped face and the works and over the years she bloomed into someone who haunted my dreams… I mean it was BAD, the mere mention of her name left me smiling like a roasted goats head, I couldn’t eat or sleep whenever I thought about her, and when I did I had dreams/fantasies about her (remove your mind from the gutter) of us getting married, having kids, I could do anything to see her face, yada yada yada… boy was I wrong!
Against my better judgment, I listened to one boy like that who claimed to know her friend who told him how she was always checking me out, talking about me, liking me and all that… you know the drill anyway I don’t know what got into me that day I swear cupid must have shot a nuke through my heart because I still don’t know where I chopped liver from that day… gosh was I in for a surprise so on that fateful Saturday, I saw her walking with some of her friends and thought that it had to be now or never, with my friends ‘gingering’ me and all I approached her and we got talking and I started pouring out my lyrics (the ones crammed from pointless books and hints from my friends etc like I like u more than my mother… yeah I know, I was pretty lame back then!!) I finally asked her out and her face froze like “what the …” and then I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me and she was like “imagine (calling her friends) see who is asking me out, scarletboy of all people, am I that ugly ehn has it gotten that bad” and she and her friends laughed and walked away. I was so near tears and to make matters worse my friends were watching and on seeing the way things played out started laughing and jeering so I did the only rational thing, I just ran…………… I later got to find out that she was dating one senior like that and she actually reported me to him and thus began the worst 3 years of my life because the senior suddenly had a thing for me! (U for fear beef now)And it wasn’t long before the news went round school (thanks to my silly friends) and I was virtually hounded till I graduated (3 years later!). And I thought that was the end of that chapter… Anyway our paths crossed last year at a friends party, and after the usual questions and gist and all that we now got talking and all for her to tell me that she had truly liked me but her friends had sort of been rooting for the senior guy because he was always taking them out and stuff and she still had feelings for me… I was in a kind of dilemma, now here was the girl of my dreams practically asking me out I nearly said yes… but then I already had a girl. So I told her the truth which was that I still liked her but I couldn’t do it to the other love of my life (my ex) so we should just remain friends, my answer really hurt her because she left the party not long afterward… I still feel for her and occasionally call her to relieve my conscience, maybe I’ll try to rekindle things now I’m single…

2 comments:

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Gosh 'slum books' bring back so many memories...how time flies. Wande was harsh sha! Ain't it funny how people start liking you when your finally over em? C'est la vie I guess!

scarletboy said...

@ nigeriandramaqueen - thanks for ur comment, with time i will try and scan and share some pages of mine...
wande on the other hand was the first name i thought about seriously i tried so hard but it was the only name, yeah too late
ciao