Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Tip Of The Iceberg...

Exams, exams, exams… this is by far the most stressful exams Unibend has conducted first, there was the ASUU strike (don’t get me started on that…) that ended in them shifting my exams forward by 2 weeks, about what I did in those two weeks, hmm… another story for another day. And unibend in their own bendly way decided to make things more interesting. After a week of exams, they issued a circular stating that the exams will be ending the upper week!!! U go fear rushing now, some people had two exams on the same day, which was not like a new thing for my class since in our year 1 they made us write 3 exams on the same day! Others had on Sunday, SUNDAY!!!
And so my department, the one and only (in their small minds) economics and statistics decided that they were tired of using their lecturers as invigilators (like we even have up to 15 lecturers) and decided to use the non teaching staff as in, secretaries, drivers and so on to invigilate. Trust my classmates, there were ecstatic looking for the best possible option, whether E’pa or his crew were involved (now, E’pa is…how do I put this… a serious runs man, he works for the former HOD or the current HOD anyway, when E’pa has your back, boy are you covered. He is very helpful when it comes to re-arranging ur seatmates and all…) anyway these non academic staff virtual turned our halls into market places where using of chuckuli a.k.a. missiles, bomb, bullets, expo… were fully sanctioned, with a price of course.
Anyway my exams have turned me to a vampire or a nocturnal creature and trust students now, during exams there’s no available space for reading night or day and so my favorite reading spot, pharmacy a.k.a. bedbugville became infested with the serious, the unserious and the clowns who just come to class to constitute or sleep as if they don’t have homes… Anyway yesterday, I was at one bouka like that trying to satisfy my tummy before reading when something very funny happened. Now, girls before you look at me as a hater or something let me say this I LOVE GIRLS, frankly, I don’t know what we guys will ever do without u guys but sometimes una deh FUCKUP!!! Now like I said I was in a bouka eating and grumbling on the quantity of the food compared to the price I was paying then these two guys walked in with two girls in tow, now these girls had chicken republic take away packs with them and I guessed that they were just from there cos the girls were still eating their ice cream like some 2 year olds and really flaunting their packs. Now for those of you who don’t know, sorry to say the typical unibend girl is…HUNGRY!! Open a new joint and you see all of them looking for a potential maga that will take them out… anyway like I was saying, the guys sat down and ordered for food, and I was like ki lo de? Are you guys not from chicken republic, what are you doing in a bouka? Abi food don finish for that side? And while the girls ate their chicken and chips, the guys were busy with their 100 naira a plate rice, the sad part was that the girls finished their chicken and chips, asked for spoons and joined these guys to eat their small food, I overheard one of the guys saying that the food in chicken republic porges him and its only at boukas that he can eat without fear and I was like shey I resemble small pikin weh una go deh throw this kind lie for abi? Time to pay, the guys were out of money and when they asked the girls, trust the typical unibend girl, she said she didn’t have any money on her. Now, ask me how much they asked for, 50 naira and I was like for Gods sake how wont you have money with you!!! I just couldn’t take it any more, I had to leave before I would be “led by the spirit” to say something. Now why do girls do this, you make yourself so cheap in the eyes of guys. I remember a date I had with a girl some time back, at the end of lunch (it was at a respectable restaurant by the way) we were actually fighting for who would pay the bill, I had to convince her to pay for the taxi that would take us home at the end before she let go. Believe me girls, its things like this that trips a responsible guy, not one who is in it for the “wiping” I’m yet to see this in unibend, when a girl will just decide to spoil her boyfriend for a day, I have come across a lot of girls in my 4 years here and anytime I ask this, the response I get is “why will I spend for a guy”? or “guys are supposed to take care of us” what happened to the saying you girls readily quote “what a man can do, a woman can do better” does it not apply here or you use it at your own convenience, the girls over here (unibend) need to change their mentality and know that life is not about me! me! Me!!!, others are also involved, life is not always about the fast lane. Rolling with the car owners, gong clubbing and shit. There are times you should actually ask “what the fuck am i doing in school!!” a sad story was of the girls who because of a party left the school at past 2 am and headed to town to flex and ended up being sex slaves for the night. All for partly sums or no money at all, I mean has it come to that, that the typical unibend girl is known for one or 3 things, a very serious girl (10%), a nymphomaniac (60%) or a full blown… you do the maths. we really have a long way to go in this great school…
I’m finally finishing my exams on Monday next week and I’m so so tired, I pray I don’t have a nervous or a health breakdown soon with all the stress im going through right now!

4 comments:

BSNC said...

i really look forward for this your uniben gist( as per alum uniben babe now).

lol wetin you mean by uniben gals are hungry, no let me fight you o... Those babe no try sha, ahn ahn what is 5o naria. After dem do lick ice cream finish clean mouth, join the poor guy chop im food. Na that ain't right..

lol why the guy no go see chicken republic dey purge am...


Abeg better uniben babes dey oo. Infact maybe i will share a few of my uniben gist...

scarletboy said...

Did u go to unibend? This one that ur already sticking pins in my rag doll lol. If u were there ehn, u for slap thos gals. Ok maybe i over generalised it. 8 out of 10 unhbend gals are hungry, i hav d facts and experience 2prove it. No worry beta story deh

Naija Storyteller said...

who dey hungry? since i don leave uniben i go let this one pass. but wetin you talk na true sha to an extent. some uniben babes like those ones nor dey try at all! eat the one when dem buy for you, eat their own join, come refuse to add money make dem take pay? that one na fuck up.
and i don't see anything wrong with spoiling my guy. i don't expect anything from a guy that i'm not prepared to give. there's nothing wrong with going to a shop and buying him a shirt just because. or getting him that fone he's been eyeing for a while for his bday. nothing at all. so those babes when dey say dem nor fit spend money for guys dey live in the 18th century because in this day and age, na really give and take or nothing for you. nice post.

Anonymous said...

(scarletboy- i cudnt sign in so im using anon) true talk, any gal dat dosnt wnt to spend on a guy is... should i say stil stuck in the stone age! maybe unibend was different back then, but nw its crawling with tigers in gals skin lol